New Hampshire


Q: Where do I go for help?

The YWCA Crisis Service offers walk-in services, Monday through Friday.    

72 Concord Street                           
Manchester, NH 03101                    
Office Hours: 9:00 am–5:00 pm       
Ph: 603-625-5785                           
Fax: 603-624-4765                        

Q: What if I need help after business hours?

The YWCA Crisis Service can be reached 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 603-668-2299. You must be able to give a name and call back number and an advocate will call you back within ten minutes. If you have a private call block on your phone, you will need to unblock that by pressing *87 to receive calls from the advocate.

Q: What if it is not safe for me to call or come in?

Crisis service advocates will meet you at a neutral and safe location like the police station lobby, a local hospital or another community agency upon request. If you can get yourself to one of these locations, an advocate can meet you there.

Q: What does “confidential” mean?

Under state law NH RSA 173C:1, communication between a client and an advocate working or volunteering for a domestic of sexual violence program is privileged and confidential. Crisis service advocates will not confirm or deny any information regarding clients including names or services without the express written consent of the client. The only exceptions to this policy is in cases of child or elder abuse or neglect, threats to harm another, and threats to harm oneself.

Q: Can I call the YWCA if I am a male?

The YWCA Crisis Service provides services to ALL victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking including men, same gender partners, and child witnesses to domestic and sexual violence.

Q: Can I call the crisis line if I am under 18?

Yes. The crisis service works with clients of all ages, however, disclosures of child abuse or neglect must be reported by advocates under NH RSA 169-C:29 and 169-C:30. Advocates will work closely with clients through the reporting process and provide a referral to the YWCA advocate located at the NH Department of Child, Youth, and Families. DCYF can provide valuable support and financial assistance to families coping with domestic violence.